Monday, April 18, 2005

Blogging has been difficult these last few days - can you say TEETHING. Poor Leo is experiencing the highs and lows associated with growing those pearly whites. He can be happy and smiley one second just to start sobbing the next. His cheeks have become the most impressive shade of scarlett just about every evening for the past 3 or 4 nights and he seems incapable of sleeping more than 20 minutes at a time. Poor baby, he hurts, he's tired and even Tempra doesn't seem to be making things better. He's been spending lots of time being held thats how Papa captured this cute pic...


Teething aside, Clara and Leo were pretty busy this weekend. It was so warm outside we couldn't resist some quality family time at the park. Clara impressed Mama and Papa by scaling the ladder to the big kids slide and scampering up all the levels to the very top. We always knew she was a monkey!

Leo also showed us a new trick he can do, he seems to be at the very beginning stages of commando crawling. On Sunday morning he was on his tummy and just lifted his butt in the air and kinda kicked with his feet. He moved forward – oh, I'd say maybe 10cm but I did say it was the beginning of self propelled movement.

Sunday afternoon was Mommy's time off. I don't know exactly what Papa, Clara and Leo did but I know a trip to the Tam Tams and the park was made. Leo was not particulalry happy with the situation and let Marc know while I, completely oblivious was SHOPPING!

Since I have not be keeping up with the blog I haven't been able to share some of the recent funny things Clara has said or done. Since I want to remember these here are a couple of my favorites:

- The revival of Clara's belief that dogs should be wearing diapers so their caca-poo won't be on the sidewalk.

- Clara on the phone with Chloe. “Coco, I don't understand what you are saying! I just don't understand.”


- “The Pope died mommy, he just died” How does Clara know this piece of information you ask, the same way her Papa learned about it some 27 years ago – the cancellation of morning cartoons to cover the Pope's funeral mass! She also associates the purple cross on Mount-Royal with the Pope's death and happily announces “THE POPE DIED” whenever she see's it.

- When Clara would not allow me to put on a clean diaper after having already taken off the dirty one at Jayne's house I said fine, you can walk home like that. I slipped her shoes on, and opened the front door inviting her to join me on the sidewalk. She stood in the doorway in nothing but a Tshirt and shoes, looked and me said, “mommy, I'm cold. I need my diaper and pants on to go home”. Can you guess how easy it was to get her dressed to leave after that?!?!

No comments: