Friday, May 27, 2005

Clara is really in touch with her feelings. She doesn't hesitate to tell us when she's feeling mad, frustrated, angry, happy, excited, shy, or scared. I've always thought that was pretty cool in itself but the other day at lunch she was able attribute emotion to music - it was wild!

We were listening to the.... ahem... 80s 90s Nooner over lunch last week and a song came on that was really upbeat and Clara said "I think that this is happy song". I agreed. The next song that came on was Must've been Love by Roxette and Clara looked up and said "I think this is a sad song". Once again I quickly agreed making a mental note that my child is a genius and I've gotta remember to tell Marc about this when he comes home. Then Beds are Burning by Midnight Oil started and Clara looked at me with a furrowed brow and said "This is a mad song Mama, it's MAD!". This time I bust out laughing nodding my head in agreement but couldn't quite get the words out. She was totally right, the beginning of that song does sound really, really mad!!!

No comments: