Sunday, June 12, 2005

It is HOT. Like, skin melting off your body into a puddle HOT. We're doing remarkably well though, thanks to our pregnancy-purchased portable air conditioning unit. Last year at the beginning of the Summer Marc took pity on my pregnant self and bought us this fancy portable unit that works in the front room. So, with a system of fans and two air conditioning units our whole apartment is cool and dehumidified.

Since Friday Leo has been expanding his vocabulary. Every day he's produced a new "word" it started with Blah, moved onto Abah, and now he is saying Alah. What do these words mean? They all seem to represent some version of "I'm excited", "feed me faster", and "look at me". Of course, Marc and I are both coaching him to say Papa and Mama respectively, stay tuned to see who wins!

A little excerpt of a conversation between Marc and Clara yesterday afternoon:
Clara is rubbing her eyes, it is about 4pm
Marc: are you feeling tired Clara?
Clara: No, no Papa, I'm rubbing my eyes because there is something in them, I'm not tired, there's something in my eyes.
Clara looks away quickly.
Marc: Oh really? Do you want me to look at your eyes?
Clara: No, no thank you Papa. I'm NOT tired.
Marc smirks, Clara starts to yawn.

2 comments:

Trina said...

Hmmm, seems to me Leo is speaking Arabic. Must be his friend Anissa's influence...

Elaine said...

Lily does this all the time... claims she's not tired as she's making up a bed in the corner of the living room.

Kids are crazy.