Monday, June 27, 2005

Leo went to the doctor today for a check up and a vaccination. As expected our chunky monkey is just that - chunky with a capital C. He weighs 24 pounds and he is not even 9 months old yet! That is over 2 pounds heavier than Clara at 9 months and I thought she was a good sized kid. The Doctor just said "he's a poster child for breastfeeding" which was nice to hear. Leo didn't particularly notice or care about the needle jabbing into his thigh (may have something to do with the large amount of flesh there is to work with), he was busy smiling at Clara. She can make him smile at just about any time of day - I love their fascination with each other.

I think I mentioned it already but Leo has thoroughly gotten into this crawling thing. It is so weird to see him leave a room or make his way down the hallway all on his own steam. Clara is less impressed with his new found skill, especially when he sets his sights on a toy she is playing with. Yes, we had our first brother-sister spat today over the duplo train pieces. Clara just couldn't get it thought her head that she had to move far away from Leo, not just a foot away if she wanted him to stop destroying her train. I'm sure she'll learn quickly though.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

She'll learn or he will... when said train gets implanted in a soft part of him. At least, that's the way my older brother dealt with such issues! LOL!

Laurel said...

You should see my house amanda! I choose to use my spare time blogging over getting housework done. I think it is a good choice though - makes me much happier.