Wednesday, June 08, 2005

We spent the day at home... cleaning. It was better than you may think. I got some things accomplished and Clara got serious about imaginative play. All in all we had a fine day. Poor Leo suffered though, he is teething again and this time he's pretty much inconsolable. Chewing on his toys, his fingers and even my arm we only short term comforts. In the end Tempra was his friend and he was able to enjoy a nice long pain-free nap.

I read something today in a back issue of Mothering Magazine that struck me. I want to remember this idea so I'm sharing it with you all. It is by Peggy O'Mara the editor of Mothering and mother to 3 grown children. She said "Nature means for us to be led by the baby, which is why the baby is irresistible". This is so true, I find myself comparing Clara and Leo regularly only to realize again and again how different they really are, specifically how different their needs are even at the same age. It is comforting for me to know that by following each child's cues and needs I am doing what nature intended for that particular child.

No comments: