Thursday, July 21, 2005

A Daily Ritual
"Did you have a beau dodo my sweet?"
These are the first words out of my mouth when I see Clara's sleepy eyes looking my way in the morning. On occasion I change things up a bit and say "Did you have a beau dodo my girl?" but that is about as far I dare stray from our usual morning salutation. After our hellos we get down to business. I am instructed every morning just in case I have forgotten that she wants "two kinds of cereal" and "don't forget the raisins mama". Breakfast is served at the "petit table" and cartoons are turned on for the morning zone out.

After this ritual is complete who knows what the rest of the day will bring. There are only a few things that I can count on as a mother of two young kids and mornings with Clara is something I count on and just couldn't do without.

No comments: