Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Clara went to her first dentist appointment today and as her plastic ring says "Look Mom, No Cavities!" Of course with Clara's pronunciation it is "Look Mom, No Cabanies!"

I didn't really know what to expect of Clara in the dentist's chair, she'd been well prepared for what would happen but I just wasn't sure if she was going to go for it. When we arrived she was quite hesitant so in order to quell her nerves I offered to go first. I had my teeth cleaned while Clara danced around, ate snacks, and peered over the hygenist's shoulder. By the end of my cleaning she was asking when it would be her turn. The hygenist, who was very kind and gentle (with me as well) prepared her instruments for a cleaning but confided that she usually doesn't get to do much of a cleaning with 3 year olds. Well, this 3 year old not only sat still, listened and practiced brushing her teeth she also has a complete cleaning and flossing! Other than a few moments of furrowed brow Clara practically had a smile on during the whole ordeal! I swear, this kid is not scared of anything - oh, except flies and sometimes fluff.

So we headed back to Karen's to collect Leo (read Karen's blog to see how that went) with beautiful white smiles and two new toothbrushes.

Clara was able blow off a little artistic steam so to speak this afternoon, this is the result...

2 comments:

Kay said...

Chloe, Zachary and I are all laughing!! So this is what happened with the promised face-painting...

Catherine said...

This picture is awesome!!! I almost cried with laughter. Sounds like you had a great summer. TTFN.