Friday, August 19, 2005

Despite struggling with a cold, Leo hit another milestone yesterday. He started waving! I've noticed lately that he's been practicing the "wave" finger movement though rarely with his hand up for people to see. Yesterday as we were leaving the park and saying "bye bye" to Chloe and Zachary his arm was up and he was waving a bit.

The definitive moment was last night at bedtime. I took Leo to see Marc and Clara for goodnight kisses. After our goodnights, I took Leo down the hall towards the bedroom and he just started waving. I was so excited I went back (to the bathroom where Marc and Clara were brushing teeth) and instructed Clara and Marc to say "night-night" again. Sure enough he started waving at them with a huge proud grin across his face! What a ham.

This morning he waved wildly at Marc when he left for the gym and I predict a repeat when he heads out to the office in a few minutes.

No comments: