Friday, September 09, 2005

This morning Clara announced that she wanted to make cupcakes with coloured icing. I just wanted to get out of the house so what did I do? I called Karen!

"Can we come over this morning? Can we bake cupcakes AND decorate them?"

Thankfully Karen being a good friend and generally up for just about anything if it will keep our kids happy and entertained said "sure, come over whenever you are ready!" So that is what we did. It was fun; the kids each cracked an egg, added sprinkles, mixed stuff and then got to watch the cupcakes bake with their noses pressed to the oven window. This is much more fun that the stern warnings I give about being close to our oven when it is on, I swear the outside of the oven is as hot as the inside!
Then Karen whipped up a delicious cream cheese frosting that we, I mean they coloured and slathered all over the poor unsuspecting cupcakes. Then it was quiet... until the first one (Zach or Clara) started asking for seconds!

PS. Leo is officially 11 months old today... ugh where has the time gone?? I expect to be a complete basket case this time next month. Just giving you all fair warning :)

No comments: