Tuesday, October 04, 2005

You think your are careful, you think you can keep your kids safe, you think all these things until you find your baby sucking the tip of a very sharp paring knife!

Ugh, while I was distracted by the mess under his high chair Leo helped himself to the open dishwasher and pulled out the only sharp thing in there. It was also the only black handle sticking up out of an ocean of stainless steel so obviously that made it an interesting find. My heart stopped when I realised what he was holding and believe it or not, other than tears of anger that resulted from my careful extraction of the offending knife Leo is none the worse for wear.

I'd like to just note that normally I am highly paranoid about Leo playing with the dishwasher and I always close it if he is on the floor (even if I'm coming back with more dirty dishes). But this time he'd made such a mess eating dinner that I becasme focused on the need to clean it up immediately, which apparently provided Leo with an opportunity to explore uncharted territory. Yes, I've learned my lesson; leave high chair messes for Marc to clean up!

1 comment:

Trina said...

I think my heart just stopped! Yikes.