Tuesday, December 27, 2005



With one more official family Christmas celebration left to go, Clara and Leo are nearing the end of their holiday sugar high.

Christmas with kids has got to be one of the most fun experiences a parent gets to enjoy. Hearing Clara's feet padding down the hallway on Christmas morning and then running back to the bedroom at high speed squealing "Santa came, Santa came and he left lots of presents" was the first of oh so many memorable moments. Leo, ignoring all of his gifts in favour of his old ones was also pretty amusing - Clara especially appreciated it as she became his gift opener. Oh yes, and Leo dropping to his knees and crawling and barking after the remote controlled cars as they were zooming down the hallway was also pretty side-splittingly funny as well!

Of course, both kids were spoiled with beautiful and thoughtful Christmas presents from all the people who love them. I'm still overjoyed when Clara talks about Christmas gifts as a message of love: "Papa T and Cathy gave me this book because they love me." I don't even dare hazard a guess as to what the "favorite" gifts were this year because they all seem to have a place in Clara and Leo's hearts - from the mountains of playdough, to the cars, and the books that will make bedtime fun. They have more than enough new toys to stimulate them (and hopefully keep 'em relatively quiet!) for the rest of the winter.

I however, do have a favorite gift this year and believe it or not, it is NOT the totally amazing new digital camera Marc surprised me with. It is a new title... AUNTIE Laurel! Yippeeee, Patricia and Ashley annouced that they are expecting a baby at the end of July. I'm so excited and feel so full of love for this new member of our family already I just can't stand it.

How can next Christmas possibly be more fun than this... I'll let you all know in 12 months :)

1 comment:

Kay said...

Wow! Patricia, I know you read this blog, so CONGRATULATIONS!!!