Tuesday, January 17, 2006

This morning was our first day back on "schedule", Clara was slowly getting ready for Carrefour and Leo was doing something to bug her. She shoved him or hissed at him or something and he started to cry. I really wasn't up for a teaching/learning moment, I just wanted to get out the door so I skipped the "you hurt/scared/freaked Leo out" discussion and encouraged her to go get dressed. I assumed Clara would be happy to ignore her misbehaviour but she surprised me by going over to her little bro who was no longer crying and hugging and APOLOGIZING to him of her own volition!

Yeah, she hisses at him regularly... weird I know but it seems to really work for her in the heat of the moment. Hey, if it means there are no tears in the end, I am very comfortable with that form of expression!

No comments: