Tuesday, April 04, 2006

On Monday morning the alarm clock went of at 7am. I got up, got ready for the gym and started eating some breakfast. Leo toddled down the hall and greeted me all smiles and chatting up a storm and played while I finished my cereal. I told him I was going to the gym and that he should go and wake up Papa and Clara. He wouldn't go down the hall while I was still at home (I knew this from previous experience by the way) so I got my cat and shoes on and headed out the door. Leo waved and shouted bye bye to me through the window.

I came home about an hour later and this is what I found!!! That stripped lump in the middle is Marc, also know as lazy Papa.
As you can imagine their day started a bit later than usual. Of course the time change over the weekend may have had something to do with it.

Once Clara and Leo stumbled out of bed, were fed and dressed we went downtown for what turned into a rather turbulent shopping trip. After the mother of all tantrums in Old Navy Clara and I are still trying to get along.

It was one of those days where it felt like I was so in love with my kids and proud of them one moment and then frustrated and spitting mad with them the next. Yeah, spending part of the day downtown with an 18 month-old and a 3 1/2 year-old is not a good thing for this Mama. I think I'll look into shopping on the Internet for the things I still have to buy them for Spring/Summer :)

2 comments:

Natasha said...

"...so I got my cat and shoes on..."

you have a cat?

(bad joke, but I couldn't help myself)

Laurel said...

What is even funnier is that I don't know what I was trying to type! Oh, wait, cOat... lol