Sunday, August 20, 2006

It seems that Clara turned 13 this weekend. "Why would you say that?" you may ask, "did she not just celebrate her 4th birthday?" Be that as it may, here are the facts...

This weekend I found her sprawled out on her tummy across a chair and footstool, chewing her fingernails while watching Peter Pan. I practically heard her say "that's so lame" It was a typical teen pose if I've ever seen one.

When Malcolm was being fussy while Patricia tried to grab a quick bite to eat last night, Clara spouted "just pick him up" in the most know-it-all tone of voice, one only a 13 year-old can muster, I'm certain.

Finally, today, back home Clara spat in anger on Leo's sheets while Marc was right there watching! When Marc doled out the natural consequence for the disgusting act (switching their sheets so that she had to deal with the spit) she came out of the room bawling, put her head on my lap and proceeded to mutter "its dumb, so dumb, so dumb..." and her final bit of flair was "STUPID!" I'm still not quite sure if she was mad at herself, or Marc. Regardless, Marc and I silently giggled while she finished her tirade and forced on straight faces when she lifted her head to discuss how we would deal with the dirty sheet.

No comments: