Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Thanks to Karen, Chloe, and Zach I got to spend yesterday afternoon alone with Leo. Clara extended her park date and went home with her buddies and I took Leo grocery shopping. The fun part was after the groceries were done and I'd put away all our purchases - Leo and I PLAYED! I spent the entire afternoon down on the floor doing puzzles, reading books, making choo choo and vroom vroom noises with my son and it was just a wonderful moment in time. That is not entirely true, I did do a load of laundry while we played but luckily, Leo thinks putting wet clothes in the dryer is a game so as far as he was concerned we partied all afternoon! I think it was some long overdue one-on-one time. I really need to make an effort to fit that in with him more often. I guess once preschool starts up again we'll have more time to spend doing toddler-centric activities. Then the challenge will be scheduling special times to spend just with Clara - indoor ice skating here we come!

No comments: