Thursday, November 23, 2006

Clara and Leo spent almost an entire hour at the table today. They we not eating, colouring, or painting they were playing with BUTTONS!

A mama and baby caterpillar

On our way home from the Carrefour Leo was complaining that he had not pushed the button on the elevator. I told him I'd let him play with lots of buttons when we got home but they would be different from elevator buttons. When we got in the front door Leo was literally chanting buttons, buttons, buttons! So I helped him into his booster seat and pulled out a ziplock bag of mixed buttons we'd bought months ago (for a project I never did). I poured them all out on the table and Clara quickly scrambled up beside Leo. They sorted buttons, arranged them in shapes, gave them voices, and just played and played and played. I joined in from time to time but for the most part they took care of themselves. There is something to be said for the simplest of pleasures.


1 comment:

Trina said...

I still remember so well the thrill my cousins and I had sifting through the hundreds of buttons my grandma had in the drawers of her old, foot pedal sewing machine. The best!