Thursday, January 25, 2007

Well, it is official these kids just keep growing. No, I am not referring to the new snowsuit I had to buy Clara last week because of an inch of wrist skin sticking out between her sleeve and glove in the old one. Nor am I referring to the jeans Leo no longer needs to roll up (maybe he is growing some legs finally!). What I'm talking about is KINDERGARTEN! I registered Clara yesterday for Maternelle; It was surreal, I was filling in paperwork not really comprehending what I was doing. It was only when the school secretary was going over the documents and confirmed verbally "Elle va etre en Maternelle en Septembre?" and I had to anwser, out loud for the whole world to hear "OUI"

Of course, now I can't stop thinking about what life will be like in September 2007. There are so many unknowns in our family's future; we don't know where we will be living, so as a result we don't know for sure which school Clara will be attending. I don't know if Leo will be toilet trained so I don't know if he will be at the Carrefour preschool or if I'll get to spend one more year with him at the parent-enfant atelier. Will Clara come home for lunch or will she take her lunchbox with her in the morning? So many questions, so few answers.

**************

Leo just brought the baby doll to me for a hug. He's been really clingy and needing lots of affection lately so I guess he's transferring some of his needs to the baby doll. I just asked him what the baby eats and he said "leaves" Hmmm, I don't think we've been hanging around enough breast fed babies lately!

No comments: