Monday, March 26, 2007

I took the kids grocery shopping yesterday - it was wild! Leo trotted around babbling, touching, singing, and generally dawdling. Clara did much the same but she was more attentive to my requests; she stayed relatively close, did not walk in the opposite direction as me and helped me reign in her brother when it became necessary.

When we got home I unloaded the groceries and discovered something had been added to our order unbeknownst to me. I guess I knew this would happen at some point in time, it is the stuff commercials are made of right? It seems Leo NEEDED a third tub of cream cheese (I had picked up two), I remember that he was getting all crazy when we were in the refrigerator aisle but I thought I'd caught all the things he's tried tossing in our bag. I guess Clara and Leo's help at the cash is what let tub #3 get through under my radar - they were throwing things on the conveyor belt at the speed of light and I was just focused on trying to soften the landing for the more delicate items in our order.

Anyway, its no big deal, we'll use the extra cream cheese. I just thought it funny that he didn't try to get something he really loves by me like pears, or fruit bars, or ice cream. Perhaps had the opportunity arisen we'd be enjoying some Neapolitan this week!

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Cream Cheese Leo?? I'm sure you could have got cookies or chocolate if you tried.

Kay said...

Maybe he wants you to make some of that whipped cream - cream cheese icing? With or without the cake, of course.