Thursday, September 20, 2007

Leo had his first dentist appointment yesterday. He completely exceeded my expectations, he was a perfect patient. He climbed up on the exam chair as soon as he saw it and smiled sweetly at the hygienist who offered him a toy from a bowl full of plastic rings and things. He didn't speak a word while we waited for the dentist, he just looked shy and gave bashful smiles, but as soon as she arrived and asked him how he was doing Leo just opened his mouth nice and wide and waited. Talk about aiming to please...

Leo did get very chatty after his exam was done and continued to talk with both the dentist and hygienist while I had my teeth cleaned. It seems like he didn't even need a bag full or toys or snacks to keep him occupied (which I'd completely forgotten about preparing before we'd left the house), he just needed a few books, some people to talk to and a set of plastic teeth and an oversized toothbrush :)

So, all in all it was a perfectly normal and smooth dental exam from the kid who won't let anyone near him to wash his face!?!?! I don't know how to explain it but I'll just say I'm grateful and leave it at that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's just awesome! :)