Monday, October 08, 2007

Setting up 3 candles

Leo is 3 tomorrow. We celebrated his birthday with a party on Saturday morning. He has been looking forward to this birthday party for several weeks. I had originally planned on throwing a Pirate birthday party for my little fan of Captain Hook but when I asked Leo what he'd like for his party his response was always the same... "I want blue berries". So, what is a mama to do? I threw a Berry Birthday Party for me little berry lover :) Marc and I made a blueberry shaped, blueberry birthday cake and Clara decorated with random little bits of paper stuck on the walls that represented berries LOL. Leo ate... and ate, and ate (qu'elle surprise). He also played with his friends with the exception of Citrine, the neighbors dog whom Leo would have liked to invite as well. Max, Cohen, Zaco, Lea, Naomie, Chloe and Clara all made Leo's morning wonderful; they played, danced, jumped, sang, climbed up and down the bunk bed, and generally acted like it was a massive playdate (which it was). I also got to catch up with the moms and dads of Leo's friends which was equally enjoyable. Talking with Jenne who is currently waiting for her baby (or maybe she's not anymore??) I remembered so clearly the days before Leo was born. The anticipation is so high when you are waiting for your child - I'll never forget it. What a gift my boy has been, how can he be three already?? But like I said, he's not three yet, there are about 12 hours to go before I have to admit it for real :)

Tickle fight!

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

Happy Birthday Leo!!!

Trina said...

Happy happy happy (belated) day, Leo! You will always be Baby Leo to us. Smooch!