Monday, March 03, 2008

I think I am just about ready to get back to my blog. This winter has been HARD. I can't quite put my finger on what exactly tipped me over the edge, maybe it was the lice, the illnesses (mine and Marc's were the wost this year) or maybe it is just the pure intensity of being a pedestrian through a snowy and at times very cold winter. Whatever it was I hope to be on the other side of it now.

Today was the first day of "spring" break. Now I know why it is called semaine de relache... there is not much particularly spring-y about the weather... temps are mild but the snow, oh the snow. We spent the day mostly at home with a quick jaunt to Shreters for some new winter boots for Clara. I was worried about having to find decent winter boots this late in the season but thankfully one phone call later I had the last pair of Kamik Kids Snow Dogs in size 1 on hold for me at more 50% off their regular price - yay me! The rest of the day was a whole lot of imaginative play for Clara and Leo. They used face paints and made themselves into cats, they built a huge cat house using overturned chairs and blankets, they abandoned their kitty personas and became a prince and princess about to be married, and then they were tired and hungry and played themselves whining and begging for dinner to be ready.

No comments: