Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Items of interest from our home:

- Clara was evacuated along with all students from the CSDM on Friday at about lunchtime. Seems that the school board was concerned by the roof crashing epidemic Quebec has been experiencing this winter as a result of all the snow we've had. I picked her up at the BIG Catholic church on Rachel St. Three local schools were evacuated there, when my eyes got accustomed to the darkness inside the church all I could see was an ocean of chattering children - they were having a blast!

-The CSDM snow clearing operation took 4 days, so Clara only went back to school today.

-The toilet that broke while Marc was out of town was fixed by the two resident plumbers; Marc and Leo worked together to replace the handle. Leo found this fascinating and was caught on several occasions in the hours that followed the repair job flushing the toilet and lifting the lid to the tank to see what was going on in there.

-Unfortunately, the toilet repair somehow brought about another toilet problem, a leak in the tank. At the moment we are living with an empty tank and pouring a bucket of water in every time we need to flush. Needless to say Leo loves it, he watches the process over and over again and never seems to get bored. Yes, I know my boy is obsessed with a toilet!

-Clara brought home her report card from school today. It is glowing... so I am glowing too. I am one proud mother I tell ya!

-Leo and I embarked on a day long project to make cinnamon buns. All that kneading and rising... it took forever. And Leo's absolute favorite step of the process - when I gave him the bowl of risen dough and told him to make a fist and punch it down. He was thrilled with the way the dough deflated with his powerful punch.

Being unicorns on Friday afternoon after I picked up my evacuee :)

2 comments:

Kay said...

Glad the yeast worked! So how much did you have to use, anyway?

Laurel said...

Not that much, we tried again with an extra half teaspoon and it worked fine. I think I was swishing it too much the first time LOL The yeast appeared to be alive and well!