Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Notes from day two of my 3 day adventure as a single parent.
1- when Clara and Leo are well prepared for and excited about the plan for the day they are very motivated to get out of the house. We had the smoothest departure EVER this morning and it was at 7:30am!
2- Clara really enjoyed going to the service de garde before and after school today. It was her first time for both. I have a feeling she'll be asking to stay after school more often now.
3- Leo is such a BOY. At the cabane a sucre today I could not tear him away from the corner of the hall that housed 3 video games and a table hockey machine. NO ONE was playing any of these "toys" yet, a gaggle of 3 and 4 year old boys hung around and took turns sitting in the driver seat of the arcade games the entire times we were supposed to be dancing.
4- Leo loved the "eggs that looked like pie."
5- Dragging an exhausted, sledded-out 5 year old and a newly woken up and unhappy 3 year old home is a little like hell on earth. They both cried the entire way from school to home. I just kept pulling the sled and dragging Clara along beside me. It was not a pretty picture.
6- Dinner of whatever mommy can find in the fridge while sitting on the couch watching cartoons is a big hit in our world. Clara kept asking if I was joking as I delivered small bowls of raw veggies, cold chicken, grapes and almonds to the couch and called it dinner.

A very full boy having his head stroked by his buddy Max

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

I love that picture of Leo all bundled up!!