Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mothers day loot from my sweet, sweet girl.

My daughter is a perfectionist. She likes to do things the right way. That is why this Mother's day gift is so very special to me. The story is she broke down and cried in the classroom the week before Mother's Day. She was working on making a lovely bouquet of three paper flowers from a cutout of her hand. Something about the curling of the petals wasn't going right and I guess she crumpled under the pressure. Julie, her teacher was caught off guard by the tears but it apparently all got settled pretty quickly. Since the flowers were a gift, Clara really wanted to keep them a surprise so she only told me in the vaguest terms what had happened. Julie gave me a bit more insight without giving away the big secret.

On Sunday morning Clara could not contain her secret a second longer. She bounced in my room at 7am and told me she'd prepared my breakfast and all I had to do was add the milk (she'd poured me cereal), I asked if I could sleep a little longer and she agreed that since it was Mother's Day that I should get that gift as well. I guess sleeping in means 7:25am because that was the time on the clock the second time my sweetheart bounded in to see me. She begged to give her gift so I rubbed my squinty eyes and agreed. I was unprepared for her to break out into song!!! She sang me a cute little song in French that ended with her presenting the bouquet of flowers and a card. She said she'd been practicing the song in her head all weekend so that she'd remember the words. Her performance was perfect and it woke me right up. In the end 7:25 was a great time to wake up :)

The rest of Mothers day was perfect, the kids and I played outside in the morning and in the afternoon Marie-Clothilde came over to babysit while Marc and I had lunch and did a little shopping at MEC where I got some new running gear and a raincoat I actually like - Yay for babysitters on Mother's Day!

No comments: