Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I guess it is officially official. Summer is over.

Labour day has well and truly passed and today was the first of (likely many) gray and rainy days. Luckily, in our house rainy days mean a bright yellow slicker and wellies for Leo and a pink plaid raincoat (with boring black wellies) for Clara. They look good out there puddle jumping!

I feel like I have to do some sort of a Summer roundup post because, really, we did SO much this Summer and I only managed to document a fraction of it all in the blog. I didn't even do that great a job of picture taking. I blame it on my rechargeable battery issues.

So, in short, this is what I did on my Summer vacation:
  • Visited Auntie Dorothy in Toronto for 10 days
  • Saw Bran Van 3000 with Marc at the Jazz festival and took the kids to la Petite Ecole du Jazz as is our tradition.
  • Saw Jennifer Gasoi (children's singer) at an outdoor concert
  • Spent a long weekend in Boston with Jon and Erin
  • Took the kids to Soccer on Mondays (when it wasn't raining and we were in town)
  • Went camping at La Minerve
  • Did a house exchange in the Thousand Island region of NY State for 5 days
  • Swam at Piscine Levesque several afternoons with the kids
  • Went up the Olympic Tower (not that exciting but it was free!)
  • Did a house exchange in the Adirondacks for 4 days
  • La Ronde with Karen and the kids
  • Spent a day at Plage Jean Drapeau
  • Did an overnighter in Bromont with most of the family at Labour Day
  • Many, many park dates with various friends

No comments: