Sunday, January 11, 2009

A couple of little odds and ends to note as we start 2009:
  • Clara loves grapefruits, she is moderately obsessed with them.
  • Leo want to buy a Yoda figurine to go with his other Star Wars ones, he plans on using the money he has in his "pinky bank" to make this purchase.
  • Clara does almost all of her writing in les lettres attaché. She thinks it is just beautiful and seems to show a preference for letters that dip below the line (ex: g, j,q, p, y).
  • Gosh, everything I have to say about Leo involves Star Wars. He re-enacts scenes, he makes up new episodes, he has light saber (light saver according to him) battles with invisible enemies, he uses "the force"on a daily basis. He is turning into a very serious fan and I'm starting to wonder if we should have named him Lucas after all (it was on my list of names when I was pregnant lol)
  • Leo woke me up screaming his usual "MAMA!!" at the top of his lungs at 3:30am the other morning. When I stumbled in to ask what was wrong he looked at me and said "I need to take off my underwear" I asked why, were they perhaps wet and he replied "I didn't know they were dangerous" and promptly fell back asleep.
  • Clara discovered just how talented her tongue is last night. She was sticking out her tongue all weird like and I asked her what she was doing. The she showed me that she'd flipped it over! Mark decided to look on Internet to see what over tongue tricks people do... turns out Clara can do almost all of themas well! She is thrilled that her talents extend even farther than simply touching her nose with her tongue, and now she wants to practice some of the other more challenging moves she's seen.
  • Both kids have successfully be enrolled in swim lessons this Winter. I braved the cold and stood in line from 7am till 9am with my friend France to get them spots in the highly coveted swimming lessons. Normally the demand is not so high but this year 2 of the 5 local pools are closed for renovations... it would have been nice if they'd communicated and staggered the timing of their renovations though doncha think? Anyway, my determination paid off and my two little fishies are very happy.

No comments: