Thursday, February 19, 2009

Oh my dear, sweet, sweet Leo. He may be 4 years and 4 months old but he is just the same as he was at 2 years old when it comes to his love of ears. All I can do is laugh about it. Really, there is nothing else I can do short of tying him up in some sort of straight jacket.

This evening I lay down beside him to snuggle at bedtime (our usual routine) and, as usual his hand drifted up to my ear. But tonight something was different... I was wearing a hairband. He tried to do his regular soft petting behind my ear but I guess that darned hairband was just too distracting. He finally said, in the sweetest possible voice "Mama, can please take off your band. It feels funny." Whats' a girl to do? He was being so polite and all he wanted was his usual 3 minutes of comfort. So, of course, what my boy wants - he gets. No sooner than I had removed the offending hair accessory Leo was able to assume his snuggle position and was happily sucking on his tongue in a state of Leo bliss.

I know, this kid is weird, but really it is is the cutest possible way!

No comments: