Thursday, December 17, 2009

Wow, how can it only be 1pm??? I'm exhausted. Today is particularly cold so I decided for the sake of our extremities to take Leo to school on the sled this morning. It was the right decision - the wind chill is brutal. Once i got home the plan was to take the car to the garage to get the winter tires installed (finally), pick up money for Ashley's kijiji purchase, then come home and wait for the delivery while finishing up the kid's teacher's gifts.

Things did not go exactly as I'd anticipated when I couldn't even get the car OUT of the darned garage! I spent some time chipping away at the ice and packed snow and tried again - still burning rubber and me not on the street. One of the old guys from across the street opened his window yelled that I'd get out if I gunned it up the hill. I just couldn't do it - I'm new at all this. By now it was time to go to the bank so I headed off. I got home just in time to receive Ashley's new bike and a call about another delivery (Santa visited a bit early) so I had to wait around for awhile before attempting the car extraction again.

When I finally made it outside again and was preparing myself for attempt number three, the garage door opened and a nice friendly neighbor pulled in. I decided to hop out and ask for help. I'm so glad I did. He drove my car out (spinning wheels and all) and I thanked him profusely trying not to look like a complete goof in the process. So now, I just have to get the teacher gifts done and the million other things I'd hoped to get accomplished today. Tonight is Clara's school holiday spectacle and community dinner. It should be lots of fun. Pictures to come (I hope).

Wish me luck!

No comments: