Thursday, February 04, 2010


Why oh why did no one ever tell me about the existence of picture only comic books?

They are perfect for my 5 year-old non-reader who wants to read before bed like his big sister but finds it frustrating to look at picture books without being able to read the text.

Clara introduced us to Game Over which is apparently quite popular with the boys in 2nd grade. I'm not exactly what you'd call a fan but Marc, Leo and Clara poured over the copy we were giving away as a birthday gift just before Christmas. So, great mother and wife I am, I bought a copy and wrapped it up for my family to open on Christmas morning.

Leo has been looking though the book incessantly since December 25th so today I had the bright idea to ask the librarian if there were other comics that he would enjoy. It turns out there are two whole shelves of "première bandes dessinés" at the Plateau library and many of them have no text! I grabbed 5 for Leo and brought them home. He's been engrossed in Rêves de Robot since he walked in the door. This is going to be great, I wonder how long it will take him to blaze through the two shelves...

No comments: