Monday, September 27, 2010

Dear Clara and Leo,
I am so proud of you for having the confidence and the skills to walk back to school after lunch on your own today. I admit, I did secretly follow you to make sure you arrived at your destination safely but deep down I knew there was nothing to worry about. You crossed the streets holding hands carefully checking for cars, you skipped along the sidewalks staying close to each other, and you even met up with friends as you arrived at the school yard. I'm so proud of you both. Thank you for taking this responsibility so seriously. I love you so much and I can't believe how you are growing up in front of my eyes!
Mommy

3 comments:

corscorp said...

♥ That's just so awesome. ♥

Natasha said...

I often think of when I will let the girls do this. Won't happen anytime soon (A is too young, school is a km away and they have to walk along two busy streets) but this gives me courage. Bravo Clara, Leo and you too, Laurel! xoxo

PapaT said...

It has only just begun. Wait til they bring home girl/boy friends, learn to drive, move out, ,,,,,. Well done so far to Mama, Papa but especially to Clara and Leo.