Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Look who lost his first tooth!

Leo has been waiting and waiting to loose a tooth. Ever since Clara started losing teeth 3 years ago, Leo has been talking about when it would be his turn. Well, his turn came during the first full week of school. Apparently the tooth fell out (or was wiggled free) while Leo was waiting to go outside with the service de garde at lunchtime. He didn't tell anyone that he had a precious pearly white tooth in his hands, he just went out to the yard and played. Well, as you can imagine, he didn't manage to keep hold of his teeny tiny tooth and was soon found frantically searching the yard. The head of the service d'animation happened upon my unhappy boy and he explained that he'd dropped his tooth with tears streaming down his cheeks. She told me afterward that she was really worried that it would be impossible to find such a small thing in such a big space but she put on her glasses and looked down. Wouldn't you know it, she saw the tooth right away! She said she didn't know who was more relived her or Leo. After that near disaster, the tooth was carefully placed in a little ziplock bag and presented to me along with a gap-toothed grin when I came to pick up my very proud son at the end of the day.

I keep catching Leo admiring his new smile in mirrors. He tells me it makes him feel good and more grown up. I think it enhances an already captivating grin.

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

that's so exciting! What a milestone! Jayce can't wait either!

Natasha said...

Congrats, Leo! Now I wonder which one will fall out next...