Wednesday, December 01, 2010

This year our countdown to Christmas will not involve little chocolates, Legos or any other daily gifts. Instead we'll be focusing on family activity, giving, and gratitude. I've challenged myself to create a list of 25 messages that will be left for Clara and Leo daily on the whiteboard in the living room. So today, on the 1st of December they were greeted with the following:

Dig out the advent calender and hang a string of Christmas lights.

Simple, to the point and according to the kids, a great start to our advent season :)

1 comment:

Margo B said...

I like this - we are doing something similar here - and my ultimate goal is to reperesent each activity with a little decoration we would hang on an advent tree calendar (to be made in time for next year's Christmas)

in the meantime I have a list of activities (in my head) and we have been working or way through them