Monday, August 08, 2005

I had a little scare this morning when I came into the living room and Clara brought to my attention a LARGE amount of blood all over the floor, the coffee table and the baseboard heater! I grabbed Leo and yelled to Marc, "was Leo crying recently?" The answer was "no, he's been playing". I looked all over my guy and saw lots of smears of dried blood but no obvious gaping wounds. After doing a quick once over I started looking more closely and discovered two fairly deep cuts on the pad of his finger. He could've cared less that he was leaving a trail of blood everywhere but I wanted to know how he managed to do it. Marc quickly deduced what happened. We figure he put his hand inside the baseboard and the sharp elements probably were the cause for the cuts. Anyway it finally stopped bleeding and he went on his merry little way!

After bloody-boy's morning nap we headed over to the beach at Parc Jean Drapeau. Clara got to try out her new water wings which were amazing. She was really swimming, and she started floating on her back as well! I think her favorite water game was when she said "bye bye" repeatedly and then dunked her head under water. Leo also enjoyed the water and, after lunch he took a nice long nap enjoying the "fresh" air.

No comments: