Wednesday, August 10, 2005

We continued our children's tour of Montreal yesterday with a visit to La Ferme Agrignon. It is a "farm" in the city, a glorified petting zoo one may say. Whatever it is, it is just perfect for 3 year olds. Clara had a great time checking out the farm animals and following the animation team; she fed the ducks, sheep, goats, and watched a cow milking and a calf feeding. After the official animation ended we tagged along and "helped" put the bunnies back in their cages for the night, collected chicken eggs, checked out some chicks living under a heat lamp and watched the horses and donkeys be herded back to their pens. Leo liked the animals for the most part but he ended up napping for a good portion of the visit. He did however, wake up to swing at the park with Papa and Clara.
After the fun afternoon we went out to a farewell dinner for Trina, Mehdi and Anissa. For a few moments I did not think I was going to make it out of the house. Right before we were ready to leave Clara, in a game of "throw the sippy cup onto the bed" launched her cup (full of water I might add) and it landed - you guessed it - square between my eyes. The bridge of my nose screamed in pain and I guess I did too because within seconds of my cry both Clara and Leo were sobbing. I guess kids do NOT like to see their Mama react in pain like that; I had obviously scared them both. Once the pain started to fade (luckily I only have a slight bruise to show for it) I talked to Clara and explained why she really shouldn't throw things even if she hadn't meant to throw it at me. Hopefully this natural consequence will be remembered and the throwing games will cease!

2 comments:

Kay said...

The throwing games will CEASE!! Wow, who are you kidding?

Trina said...

Glad you guys could make it to see us off despite your injury!