Friday, August 05, 2005

Marc and I took Clara and Leo to the Museum of Contemporary Art this afternoon. It was a great place to hang out - air conditioned, big open spaces for running around in, video art installations to sit and watch, and lots of bright colours and fun sounds. Personally, I can take or leave most of the art we saw but there were a few gems that stood out to me. Clara never did say "I could do that" but she did ask several times if she was going to be doing a painting after. While checking out some Riopelle paintings Marc and Clara discussed the emotions the colours invoked. I guess the little art critique got into it and checked out each canvas and reported "this is a happy picture" or "this is a mad picture". She never said any of them were sad which surprised both Marc and I, too bad we can't ask Riopelle what he was thinking.

No comments: