Thursday, August 04, 2005

Spent a great afternoon with Grandpapa and Grandmaman Rollande. During our conversations I realised that there are so many cute things Clara says and does that never even make it to the blog. So, Grandpapa Marcel has inspired me to think hard and try to list a few Clara-isms (and eventually Leo-isms) so that time will not wipe my memory clean of the hilarity of childhood.

Installment #1
-Every day sometime around mid-afternoon Clara tells me she has a secret to share. I bend down, she puts her ear to mine and she whispers into the air "I've got an idea, lets eat ice cream after dinner". Then she pulls away and looks expectantly for my reply.

-The other day Marc and I were trying to figure out if Clara hears the difference between certain words that she is having trouble pronouncing. One of the biggies she can't say is the word "spoon". When she says "spoon" it comes out as "soom". We tried all sorts of things to get her to say the "sp" sound but nothing worked. Finally she looked at us with complete seriousness and said, I'm speaking in french, "soom" is french. Marc and I broke down in fits of giggles while she continued to look at us shaking her head.

-When Leo approches Clara while she's playing with her toys she yells out "oh no, its GodziLeo!"

Finally, a Leo funny from this evening. I'm only reporting this fact so that Leo can be fully embarassed when he's older. Today is the day that Leo discovered what makes him a boy. Yes, Leo discovered his penis! He peered over his belly at it and gave it a few good yanks and kept looking up at me. I swear his eyes were saying "have you seen this thing, its pretty cool, check it out... it stretches too!" OK, grown Leo, are you dying of embarassment yet??? Love ya xox

No comments: