Monday, August 29, 2005

My baby boy refuses to remain a baby! Can someone do something about this?? This morning while Clara and Marc were playing pat-a-cake Leo watched intently and kinda bobbed along with the beat of the rhyme and then...he started clapping along! What? Who taught him that? He was so thrilled with himself, he smiled and clapped and drooled (yup, teething again). We were totally impressed with the clapping, then our little guy upped the anti and started imitating the "pricking" action too!

Bedtime has been getting better and better, but tonight was probably the best we've experienced so far. Clara was bouncing around, obviously overtired and getting crazier by the second. Leo was ready for bed so I suggested Clara get Leo's books so I could read to him before nursing him down for the night. She was happy to oblige and asked if she could sit with us too. Of course, I welcomed her to snuggle up beside Leo on my lap. I read Wibbly Pig and Mr Brown Can Moo. They both sat quiet and still focused on the books, it was peaceful and so, so wonderful. Marc sat with us as well and it was all I could do to keep my focus on the books, otherwise I knew tears would start to swell.

Sitting there, with both my kids I felt like I'd won something. I've got exactly what I've always wanted, and even though it can be hard (oh so hard!) there is nothing better or more rewarding than sitting on the edge of a bed moo-ing, and cock-a-doodle-do-ing to my babies who are loving every second of it!

No comments: