Monday, August 22, 2005

Sappy Entry ahead!
Today I had a moment with Clara. We made lunch together (egg salad sandwiches on whole wheat bread) and then sat at the table and chatted. I found myself listening to her and swelling with love and pride. She's such an individual; she's so smart, funny, loving, and empathetic. I just sat there in wonder and enjoyed the company of this beautiful soul that I helped to create!

After we had finished eating I gave Clara a cloth to wipe off her face. While wiping her face she went off on a tangent about how when she was a baby I washed her face and how when I was a baby, she washed my face. It was so weird, she said it so matter-of-factly. I felt tears spring to my eyes and for the first time ever I considered the possibility of reincarnation - how weird would that be?!?

And, in the category of things I want to remember about my kids at this age...
-Clara calls sneezes "bless yous"

-Her favorite joke is:
C- Knock knock
Me- Who's there?
C- Banana
Me- Banana who?
C- Banana blah blah
We laugh, she goes on...

C- Knock knock
Me- Who's there?
C- Orange
Me- Orange who?
C- Orange you glad I didn't say banana?
We laugh, she goes on...

C- Knock knock
Me- Who's there?
C- Popsicle
Me- Popsicle who?
C- Popsicle blah blah (while making a monkey face)
We laugh, it usually ends there unless she decides to do it again with every other piece of fruit!

-Leo makes brum brum noises while pushing around cars and buses. I love that his favorite (and our only) car is a pink one!

-Clara and Leo play together now, it is so cool to see them interact and laugh with each other. Some favorite games are; The on where Clara encourages Leo to chase her up and down the hallway. The one where they each have a rattle and shake them together, then they swap rattles and shake them some more. The oe where Leo cruises around the "petit table" trying to eat Clara's cereal while she tries to guard it and watch her cartoon at the same time (ok, I think only Leo considers this one a game). and finally, the one where Clara "rides" Leo while he giggles and squeals in delight!


2 comments:

ZebraBelly: said...

margie calls kleenex "bless yous"! how cute!

Kay said...

Yes, you definitely have two very cute kids!!