Sunday, April 22, 2007

Clara and I were back in the pool today for the beginning of our second session of swimming lessons. I have a little fish on my hands, she's been loving the pool since we got a spot in January for the winter session. Clara was told at the end of last session she could move to the 4-5 year old class without parents but we decided it was fun to be together and decided to stay put. I'm glad we did, it is just so wonderful to splash about and try new things and squeel and laugh and play for 45 minutes together on a Sunday morning. On top of all the fun we are having Clara is steadily improving in her swimming abilities. Today she kept telling me to "let go!" so she could try paddling on her own, she stays above water for a few seconds before she puts her feet down which is the problem/advantage of being tall! She floats well on her back and can pick things up from the bottom of the pool with her eyes open underwater! Of course I have to give her a downward push to get her all the way to the bottom which takes some getting used to, for 4.5 years I've been trying to keep her head above water, and now I'm shoving her under!?!

No comments: