Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Imagine this picture... Leo standing proudly with his chest puffed out and his chin high with a great big blue butterfly with its wings open resting on his chest. Then picture Clara looking kind of freaked out with a brown butterfly on her butt. You would have seen these pictures and many, many more if my digital photos hadn't been sent into virtual oblivion instead of to my computer. Somehow all the photos I took at the Insectarium yesterday with Auntie Dorothy, Leo and Clara are GONE. I'm disappointed because we had a lot of fun photographing our favorite butterflies but now have nothing to show for it.

We did however, have a lovely outing with Auntie Dorothy. I was surprised that it was Clara who was uncomfortable with the butterflies flitting around her, I had kind of expected Leo to be more freaked out by them (that will teach me to make assumptions about my little people, they are always proving me wrong!). The warm, sunny, sweet smelling greenhouse full of flowers and gorgeous colours made it feel like Summer does exist and maybe, just maybe it is not a figment of my imagination. By the time we were heading home we'd seen lots of beautiful butterflies and moths and sang the Papillon song more times than I can count!

2 comments:

Patricia said...

But should you really be surprised about Clara freaking out, isn't she the one that flips when there is a house fly around?

If Marc can't figure out how to get the pictures back ask Ashley, he managed to recover some from our camera when the same thing happened recently.

*Jess* said...

I am so sorry about your pictures! The same thing happened at Jaina's gymnastics meet when she was three. I lost all but one picture. :(

Your butterfly outing sounded fun!!