Saturday, May 05, 2007

I have two stories that involve Leo and the bathroom. Neither are particularly positive so don't get your hopes up for any potty training action. But, neither are disgusting so don't be afraid to read on.

On Monday while getting ready to head to the Carrefour Leo was playing his favorite game with Marc "I'm hiding" would be the most appropriate name. He hid in the bathroom and locked the door giggling madly and repeating "I'm hiding, I'm hiding Papa." Guess what? Leo does not know how to unlock the door. So there he was in the bathroom trying to get himself out, while Marc and I were on the other side of the door trying to coach him on how to turn the little knob again. There was no panic on Leo's part but when Clara got wind of what was going on she became extremely concerned, "Is Leo going to be stuck in there forever?" "How will he get out?" "Is he going to miss Carrefour?" It turns out that Marc had tested how to break into a locked bathroom years ago, so after realizing that Leo was not going to unlock the door anytime soon we used a paper clip and popped the lock and opened the door. Leo was still smiling and Clara was relieved.

Leo's next bathroom adventure involves water, lots and lots of water. I left him "washing his hands" under the running faucet (for too long apparently) the day after the locked door incident. When I returned I found great puddles of water all across the counter, covering the tile floor, and spilling over the edge of the counter like a mini waterfall. He later showed me what a great fountain you can make by putting your hand right against the running faucet, it creates a most excellent spray! Ugh, we used up most of our towel rags that afternoon cleaning up together. I've learned a few lessons over the past few days and will be supervising Leo's bathroom time a little more closely for the next while.

No comments: