Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I've been gone for 5 days all on my own. Clara, Leo and Marc seem none the worse for wear. When I got home Marc told me a conversation he'd had with Clara, it went something like this..

Clara: (sigh) I just want to get married..... I'm just not so sure about kissing a boy...
Marc: Oh.

Yup, that was it. Marc decided that this kind of statement cannot be commented on by a father to his 4.5 year old. I concur, it is hilarious though!

I spent my vacation reminiscing with friends and playing with their babies while still getting to sleep through the night... oh sweet, sweet sleep. It was wonderful. I did miss spending Mother's day with my kids but I spent plenty of time thinking about my sweet babies and looking forward to hugging and kissing them when I got home. Of course, when I did get home late Monday night they were both fast asleep. Clara did rouse when I snuck into her room for a mandatory kiss, the first words out of her mouth... "Did you have a good vacation Mama?" What a sweetheart. Leo didn't' realize I was home until the next morning when he heard my voice in the living room. Marc said he sat bolt upright and scooted off the bed with lightening speed. He stumbled down the hall towards me calling "Mama, your back!" I couldn't have asked for a better homecoming!

Me in Sackville with Margo, Terri, baby Lauren, Catherine, and baby Rachel

No comments: