Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I had the kids laughing until tears were rolling down their cheeks this evening. Leo asked for a story right as I was getting ready to tuck them in and turn out the lights. I told a story about two kids named Clara and Leo and what they did today (it was a true story) and I used lots of sounds effects. The reoccurring swish swish of Leo's rain pants every time he walked somewhere had them rolling and holding their bellies with laughter!

The reason I recounted the day for them was so that I could make sure Leo knew how proud I was of him for walking all over town with me today. I'm really trying to dump the stroller, half the time it is more trouble that it is worth. It causes arguments about who gets to ride, and it is a pain in the patootie on public transit. So anyway, today was Leo's first tantrum-free metro trip and I wanted to make sure he knew what an amazing job he did of following my safety rules, and keeping up when we had to move a little quicker than usual. The story really helped me tell him one last time that I appreciated his behavior and hopefully he'll remember his accomplishment the next time we hop on the metro or bus. Clara also got a pat on the back during story time because when Clara's Mommy arrived(a wee bit late) to pick her up from school in the story, Clara was all dressed and ready to go and was not at all nervous or anxious about Mommy not being there on time.

Clara B is so cool, she told me when I arrived (5minutes late maximum) that everything was fine; two other mothers were there and Liliane was there (the after school monitor) and she knew that she could stay with them until I showed up. It is comforting to know that she feels so comfortable with these adults whom I also know and trust and that in an emergency situation I know that she would be attended to.

So, other than the bad new that I have to have a wisdom tooth extracted (wahhhh), it has been a fine day :)

1 comment:

Natasha said...

i like your choice of the word patootie in this post. it's a popular term 'round here.

looking forward to the day we can get rid of the stroller, but we've got a while before then.

xo