Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Toe to toe

Clara came tearing out of her room the other night, she was SURE she'd seen a red ant crawling on her bunk bed. She could not be convinced otherwise. Despite my attempts to calm her and get her back into bed Clara was NOT climbing her ladder to sleep with red ants. Out of desperation I asked, where do you want to sleep? She quickly said, I'll sleep with Leo. It was quickly settled, I pulled her pillow down and she snuggled up at the foot of Leo's bed. I figured one or both of them would be at my bedside in the middle of the night complaining about being kicked or something but nope, they both slept fine and woke up all smiles the next morning.

I know where the idea of red ants came from, Clara is studying les insects at school. I'm quite sure the lessons and stories about bugs and creepy crawlies have made quite an impact on her imagination.

1 comment:

earthmama said...

i used to love sleeping with my little brother, too. especially after a nightmare.

that's such a sweet picture...