Friday, April 10, 2009

It was a Good Friday, we spent it with the Duponts :) What started out as brunch plans turned into an all day affair. In between meals we did some egg dying using food colouring and several different techniques. The truth is, Karen and I probably had the most fun of all with this project, it was fun to play with the colours and see what we could create.

Clara and Leo introduced everyone to Little Big Planet and the giggling went on for what seemed like hours. After dinner the 4 kids went in the backyard and managed to build a "fort" out of bricks that were stacked up in the yard. Once they had this fort, they were lost in some strange imaginative world until it was dark and cold and we insisted they come back inside. All the while, I talked the grown ups into playing a game of Trivial Pursuit with me, I don't know if I've played that game since Clara was born!

When it was time to say goodbye to our guests it was well past bedtime and I had two extremely tired kiddos on my hands. Leo was so tired and upset at the mere mention of going to sleep (how dare I suggest that as a remedy for his cranky mood) that he yanked his comforter and pillow from the bed and, with a stubborn glare told me he was going to just sit there, he would NOT sleep. Within seconds of his defiant statement I saw him roll over onto his side and let his eye lids go... and what did I do, I left him there I went off to find the camera so I could document the outcome of his 4 year-old resolve!

No comments: